I don’t like resolutions. Breaking your goals up on a year by year basis (or trying to hold yourself to something for a FULL YEAR) seems like an awfully long time to try something new. But it’s so convenient to start fresh at the beginning of the year, so I can’t keep myself from completely refraining from trying something new, even if it doesn’t fully take for twelve months. So I’ve come up with some things that I’m going to focus on, but not freak out if I don’t manage to implement completely.
Gawd, that’s like the biggest parachute clause ever.
Anyway, in 2011 I’d like to…
- Run a half-marathon, currently scheduled for February 20. This sucker is just for finishing, not for time.
- Reduce the amount of meat in my diet. I’m not going vegetarian (lo, but steaks are too tasty), but I do think that less meat would be good for me and my family.
- For the meat we do eat, find healthier options – hormone free, vegetarian fed, free range, yoga practicing chickens and cows for THIS family, if at all possible.
- Use more coupons. It is amazing how much money you can save by just using the discounts that stores and restaurants provide.
- Complete 6 college classes (18 total hours). I’ve got 7 semesters until that degree is complete, and this year represents 3 semesters towards that.
- Teach my kids to ride their bikes.
- Finish a pair of socks. ONE PAIR. That’s all I’m asking. JUST. ONE. PAIR.
- Try more new stuff. Break out of my norm, and be open to new experiences
- Find a pair of jeans that fits
What about you? What’s on your list?